Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

e85 injector size

Old 11-11-2010, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tib
Default e85 injector size

i know u burn more e85 then fuel but does any1 have an injector sizing equation for e85? or maybe not even an equation, just how much larger should i go if i do the switch. 25% or 30%?
Old 11-16-2010, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Doing anything else with the car? E85 works really well with turbo cars. For instance most of the high performance turbo Saabs run E85 exclusively. It burns faster but has more potential energy. However on a standard compression N/A car other then wanting to say yuo can fill up at an e85 station not really worth it in my opinion. Now if you go turbo or high compression and get your ecu tuned then I would say go for it. Just remember you have to make sure all the gaskets and materials from the fuel tank to the combustion chamber can handle the properties of E85. I am not sure what materials Hyundai used in their fuel systems but Domestics not rated for e85 for instance generally have inferior gaskets and materials in their fuel system mainly in the injectors, fuel pumps and o ring seals that tend to dry out and break if not replaced before switching. It doesn't happen immediately but e85 does severly shorten their service life. Just an FYI and nudge to do some research before you switch.