Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Car Going Dead

Old 11-28-2006, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I took off my air duct and resonator; snipping the plastic ties that held the battery cables on, and now I have no power whatsoever.

After I took the duct off, I went to start my car. I got the door open chime, the door open light, and when I turned my key to start the ignition, *CLICK* and then nothing. I got a buddy to give me a jump, started fine, then when I pressed the brake to shift into drive, the car died and the brake pedal stiffened up.

I looked around a bit on the forums but really didn't find anything. I check my cables and connections and they're just as they were when I was in working order. I'm guessing crappy wiring somewhere.

I guess this means I'm just stuck at my girlfriend's place half a state away from home until I get this fixed.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:46 PM

sounds like you have either a bad battery or a bad connection. When you removed the cover off of the battery did anything touch the terminals?
Old 11-28-2006, 03:18 PM

No, nothing touched the terminals during the whole episode.

Just went out to mess around with the tib again, opened the door and to my surprise found that the door open light was barely on. As I watched it gradually got brighter, so much so that when I turned my car to the on position the dash lights dimly came on. Still not enough juice to start or even make a click.

Time for a new battery?
Old 11-29-2006, 03:36 PM

Eh. New battery installed; car starts no problem. Air duct/resonator A and B (RD1) removed successfully; punchier.

Now.... OBX headers!