Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Blown Fuse? Whole Drivers Side Out?

Old 08-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, i am trying to wire up my gauges to light up from a good source. and i was told not to directly wire it to the fuse block, so i was gonna wire it to a 12v power source , i tried the dimmer switch and it blew a fuse.... yay.... not.. well i duno which fuse it might have blown because i cant find one blown, but the whole left side of my cars lighting is out.. gauge cluster lighting, running light in front, and running light in back..

what fuse would this be, would anyone know off hand so im not doing a runaround..

and FYI, if you can help maybe you can help with wiring up my power for the gauges.. right now i have 3 gauges power wires spliced into eachother and the power wire for my wideband.. should i do them all seperate to diff. fuses or what.. how should i wire it up..

thanx for the help.

grrr i hate electrical stuff.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

left tail lamp fuse, in engine bay.

do not put a higher rated fuse in there either, tryiong to fix the problem. you will break other things.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Banned

thanx man.. it worked..

still confused tho.. i have an inline fuse, and then going to the fuse block from my 3 gauges.. ive tried 6 different ones on the fuse block ranging from 10a fuses to 15 a fuses, and in the inline fuse i have tried 5-15a and everytime i go to put it on acc. bam no more fuse, lol.. there gauges and i had em hooked up to a 10a source yesterday, why the hell do they not wanna work now? short in the line? i duno how that could be possible.. but would that be only cause?
Old 08-08-2006, 09:45 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

you need to ensure your electrical work was up to standards. Go back and check to make sure that every connection is covered. if you use electrical tape, solder the connections. Twist the connections and use heat shrink tubing. it's the quickest easiest soloution. If you put tape on bare wires, it will eventually work it's way into the wire strands and make bad connections. If you solder it, it prevents that. If you use heat shrink tubing, it will pull apart or break before you get an intermittant connection.

you can wire it directly to the fusebox if you do it right. you need a fuse split adapter. It splits one fused connection into 2 fuesed connections. One goes right back into the fuse box, the other goes to a wire.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Banned

alright ill go check it... grrrr.. but yesterday it was set up EXCATLY like it was today, then i blew a fuse from messing with stuff now it not working.. i woulda directly wired it to fuse, i just would rather blow inline fuse b4 one in the fuse block, lol.. i know same thing, but i had inline thing laying around.. bleh..
Old 08-09-2006, 06:13 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

the fuse is what saved your vehical's wiring from catching on fire from whatever the problem is. Any updates?
Old 08-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Banned

nah i didnt look at it yet.. im dealing with pyscho right now.. lol aka the gf.