Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Blacking Out Clear Corners

Old 12-07-2005, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Black Headlights/Amber Corners = fing02.gif fing02.gif fing02.gif fing02.gif fing02.gif

Regular Headlights/Amber Corners = fing02.gif fing02.gif fing02.gif fing02.gif

amber ownz
Old 12-07-2005, 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

some of the whole jdm thing i dont mind(some of it i even like), but amber corners look like shit. i dont care how many honda lovers think otherwise, because they are all wrong.

amber looks cool at dusk when its the only light on the front of the car, but the color is just horrible, especially against that light blue body.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:51 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

...it looks the best againts the blue...

And who the f*** are you anyways to say somthing like "They are all wrong".
A simple "I dont care for them" would have worked...
Old 12-07-2005, 07:55 PM

easy boys.. this is nothing to get upset about. Mk3, do not make me watch you and all your moves.

Personally, back on topic.. I prefer clear or matching to the headlights. It makes the whole thing look more like "One piece"
Old 12-07-2005, 08:05 PM

yeah it will still reflect fine. during the day is when you'll have the most problems.

just make sure you're using a nice amber bulb, no led bulbs.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:53 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Dec 7 2005, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>amber looks cool at dusk when its the only light on the front of the car</div>

EXACTLY, that is the ONLY reason I like amber corners.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Dec 7 2005, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I prefer clear or matching to the headlights. It makes the whole thing look more like "One piece"</div>

my thoughts exactly. It looks good one piece, I sorta wish it WAS one piece like many other cars out there. Mazda Protege' comes to mind since I just got done puttin those headlights in the oven. LOL

I figured daytime would be the worst, but they are not really needed during a bright sunny day.

Maybe I can find some nice LED side markers and make them look good with the car. wink1.gif

thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:16 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

I painted mine matte black just like the headlight bezels & the amount of light emitted by the indicator is fine.

Stick 'em in the oven but watch them very closely otherwise they'll melt pretty quickly!

Mine...

A recent fender-bender has caused a few delays with me getting my rims & aftermarket front bumper... If this bumper stays on a bit longer I might also smoke the fogs.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 1998 hyundai tiburon fx

Why don't you just spray the outside of the corner lights with that tint spray that mk3 pointed out and. For every coat of spray, it gets darker until you get the effect you want. Alot of guys around here have done it and it comes out nice. i'm looking to do it soon myself. One slight problem, depending on where you live, you will get hassled by cops for it.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:24 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

^ I smoked my rear tails with "Nightshades" & got pulled over the very next day for it sad.gif Others seem to get away with it though...

Doing the indicator bezels will match the headlights nicely & even make it look like it's meant to be that way. Spraying tint over the indicator housing will simply reduce the amount of light coming through & cause grief with the law.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:06 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (boostedtib @ Dec 7 2005, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why don't you just spray the outside of the corner lights with that tint spray that mk3 pointed out and. For every coat of spray, it gets darker until you get the effect you want.</div>

I don't want to do that because then I would have to do the outside fo the headlights too. LOL.

OzFxCoupe! Thank you! YOUR corners are the ones I saw a while back and wanted to duplicate. I will do them exactly like that.

2 Questions, after the marker light's cover has been taken off how easy does the bezel inside come off (to be painted)? Just as easy as the headlight bezel?

and, when re-attaching the marker light's cover to the assembly, did you re-apply sealant or was the sealant used by Hyundai sufficient to completely re-seal the corner light?