Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Blacking Out Clear Corners

Old 12-07-2005, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I blacked out the inside of my headlights (Rd1) to give it a more "mean" look. It DOES look nice but since our corners are not attached to our headlights I couldnot black out the inside of the corners.

I did get clear corners.
This is what it looks like now.
(clickable thumbnails)

Here's the clear corners and headlights close up.

See^^ what I mean. The clear corners stand out, almost like they did when they were orange.

What would be the best way to black out the corners? I'm not sure if it is safe to pop them in the oven and open them up because I don't know if they will re-seal. I've popped open my headlights like three times but never the corners

Even if I did get the corners opened, I don't think I could paint the chrome piece black because then there be nothing to reflect the light? Unlike the headlights (projection beam), the corners use a reflective beam. So, correct me if I am wrong, the corners NEED that chrome piece inside of them to reflect the light from the bulb?

I've seen them blacked out before, I think on an OZ tib, maybe someone could shed some light? dunno.gif

help a homie make his car look mean. wink1.gif
Old 12-07-2005, 01:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

all the others i've seen done were by just spraying the outside of the clear corners. 01importshark comes to mind.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:55 PM

if I do that it's probably going to stand out just as much, as if they were orange/white/black.

Because when you look at them next to the headlights, they will both be black but the headlights will be black inside and the corners just pain black (from the outside).

I've seen it done before from the inside. Just wondering if they still light up normal and how they opened up the corner lights...

I have a test set of corners to fvck around with so I don't mess up and end up screwed.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tiburon/2000 tiburon

yeh I see what your talking bout..shure you can pop them in the ovn.. just becareful as the material is softer and less of it.(thinner) But I have done the oem ones on a tibby and a ford probe works like a glove.. man thats all youd need and your car will be complete sex...
Old 12-07-2005, 02:10 PM

thanks for your help. That's what I figured I'm going to be extra careful with the oven setting (I don't have access to a heat gun or anything).

Now all I need to know is if I paint that chrome piece inside the corner will it still illuminate properly (I don't want it to just look like a dim light only illuminated by the bulb itself. (Cops wouldn't mess with me, it's just I want my blinker to be VISIBLE).
Old 12-07-2005, 03:55 PM

You can do it.. just be VERY careful. The plastic on the corners is more fragile than the headlights and any sort of "forcing" will cause them to crack. I know, I did it.

Mine are not black, but Graphite gray.

I think as long as you went with a heavy gloss black, you would be ok. It would still reflect a fair amount of light.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:59 PM

Excellent, gloss black it is. I'll post a picture when it's done, then my front end will be nice and somewhat sleek (the only thing standing out is the missing fog light insert). 02.gif

woah, Mad_Machine. I just noticed your fog-lights. I have wanted fog lights for sometime, but the stock ones are fugly imo and the only aftermarket ones I can find locally are circles (leaving spaces in the fog light holes). Thos look perfect, they are oval and settle nicely inside the fog light hole instead of sticking out to the brim (like ugly stock).

Mind if I ask what kind those are? where to get them? I'd like to cinsider buying those lata next year. wink1.gif
Old 12-07-2005, 06:31 PM

I am a big fan of Hella lighting.. they are Hella FF100s in clear fog. Also availible in Amber and clear driving.

And here is where I got them. Susquehanna Motorsports

They are good people, if you are in Fleetwood Pa, you can even pick them up from their offices (they are mailorder) and they will let you look at and handle the other lights to see what suits your fancy.

They do fill up the hole nicely once you remove the insert.. and they leave enough of a gap that I still get lots of airflow to the CAI.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:14 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Dont black them out! Make them AMBER(not like the oem ones, full amber), black headlights and amber corners are hot

( transparent paints: http://www.arkspeedracing.com/arkcmd/3703641/ )
Old 12-07-2005, 07:26 PM

^^I dunno Casey.

You talking about spraying the outside of the corners AMBER or the inside. Either way it's look weird...everything else is black on my car. LOL

got a pic?