Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Blacking Out Clear Corners

Old 12-07-2005, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did both my headlights and corners a while ago and the corners light up fine.. it's a bit dimmer but nothing to worry about... i put them in the oven as well its easier to take off than the headlights.. i used the exisiting sealant .. its good enough, no leaks for years so far
Old 12-07-2005, 10:13 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

wow, you guys kick ass. I forgot how helpful this site can be at times. smile.gif
Old 12-07-2005, 10:18 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ Dec 8 2005, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>OzFxCoupe! Thank you!</div>
No worries fing02.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ Dec 8 2005, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>2 Questions, after the marker light's cover has been taken off how easy does the bezel inside come off (to be painted)? Just as easy as the headlight bezel and when re-attaching the marker light's cover to the assembly, did you re-apply sealant or was the sealant used by Hyundai sufficient to completely re-seal the corner light?</div>
I honestly can't remember actually removing the chrome part from the plastic housing when I did the indicators... I think I just put masking tape around the chrome part & sprayed it. i don't know if it's because I was lazy or if the chrome part was hard to remove.

Also, I simply heated the stock goop & re-applied the cover tightly. No leaks.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:23 PM

though I have a newer Tib I too painted the chrome piece with the blinkers black on my old 03 headlights...looked great and still lit up pretty good with amber bulb...a bit dimmer but nothing to worry about...I now have 05 headlights that come black...Hyundai finally took the hint and saw what we were all doing with the headlights and made the main bezels black...just haven't decided whether or not to paint the chrome piece around the blinkers on my 05 headlights black or not...
Old 01-23-2006, 01:51 PM

So wait.. how the hell do you black them out?
Old 01-23-2006, 02:00 PM

place them in the oven for a very, VERY short time and pull the plastic cover off. Then tape off necessary parts and paint the chrome reflector piece inside. (the chrome piece is attached to the corner, you have to paint it inside there).

Then re-seal and re-heat in oven. Serve when hot.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i would try it on your stock ones before giving the clear corners a go. it would be better to use a heat gun too.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:17 PM

that's exactly what I did, to test how much heat was needed to get the glue to seperate.

My oven setting was as such, I set it to 350degrees and waited for it to warm up inside. Then I turned the oven OFF and waited 30seconds. I put the clear corners (one at a time) in the oven for no less than 40seconds and no more than 80seconds and simply pulled them apart.

I CANNOT STRESS how careful you must be with the heat setting and elapsed time i the oven, it is very easy to get them so hot the plastic clear lense will deform and will be very hard to retain its original form.