Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

'03 Tiburon, Ques about your exhaust.

Old 04-17-2002, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 Tiburon, Ques about your exhaust.

'03 Tiburon,

Did you have your exhaust custom made? What mufflers did you use and what size piping? How much did you pay? How does it sound and how much does the butt-dyno register? Pictures would be good as well while I'm at it!

JustinL
Old 04-18-2002, 03:40 AM

I am deffinatly getting rid of that bad setup of an exhaust sometime next week or after. I am getting a 2.5 inch pipe running from the Cat that I will be replacing and will be getting rid of the resonator also. Im gonna be doing just the cat and resonator and see what kind of difference in sound and response with the crappy split and mufflers. I know I should also do the mufflers at the same time but its gonna cost close to a grand for the setup. I would also like to see the pics of '03 Tiburons exhaust setup and the type of tips used. I just spent $700 on an alarm yesterday and last night hit a handycap sign in a parking lot and have to get the rocker panel repainted. I can't wait to see and hear the exhaust system changed on the '03's but the hard part im having is deciding on what type of tips to use
Old 04-18-2002, 08:04 AM

I just got new mufflers installed, and plan on getting larger piping this weekend. I paid $75 a muffler and 20 bucks each to install, so a total of $170 and looks great and sounds better. It's not loud like a ricemobile, but deep and you can only hear it under 4K. There is this place that I learned of around here hat enlarges or replaces exhaust pipes for $50-75 bucks. It will make my car a little louder, but it still won't be annoying. I'll post pics some time next week, probably the time I get the pictures developed.