Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

01 Tiburon , what transmission do I have?

Old 07-08-2013, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm satisfied about the temp gauge now , Thanks. I cleaned the TB and butterfly and Idle is right at 950 according to my scanner but its right at 875 in gear. I plan to drive it a while and see what it does after a few drive cycles . I believe I had gotten use to the low idle of the mazdas ( hard to keep one at 750 ,Very finicky ). Now that I think about it I seem to remember thinking the MX6 idled to low when going from my ol 2000 Elantra to it.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Fingers crossed, you might just have a working model!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:10 PM

Indeed , . I'm trying to fix my windows now so they will roll up and down . One regulator is shot I think and the other has come unwound.....cable isn't broke though .
Old 07-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

There's a little plastic piece in the pullies that breaks off and then the cable won't stay wound. You can get a regulator without the motor for half price, new, on eBay. Ask me how I know.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:29 PM

I found a broke white piece of plastic that holds the cable sheath , I got it rewound but unless I can fabricate something it won't hold tension . Drivers side is messed up too but I haven't taken it off yet. Maybe I can get parts from one to fix the other. I would be sooo Thankful to get them both fixed. I was hoping if I have to buy it would just be one. Which eBay one did you go with ?
Old 07-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

for *any* eBay purchase:

When searching, sort by price+shipping: lowest first.

If you have a choice between two sellers, and one has <100 and one has >1000 feedback, go for the latter.

Do not buy from a seller with feeback lower than 98% EVER unless they are in China and the last dozen negatives are idiots complaining about shipping taking too long. Feel better if your seller is 99.5% or higher. To maintain 99.7 or higher a seller will have to occasionally bend over backwards for customers who do not deserve refunds or favorable treatment, just to make the customer happy so they will not leave negative feedback.

If you want it fast, filter for Buy-It-Now auctions and buy from a seller in your country.

If you want lowest possible price on an auction, DO NOT BID until a few minutes before it closes. Bidding earlier gives other people a chance to run up the price.

Use paypal.

(this, coming from someone with feedback <100 but 100% on a personal account, and I work at a company approaching 50,000 feedback 99.8%)
Old 07-10-2013, 10:11 PM

Thanks for the info . The same plastic piece broke on both sides ( see pic /circle below ). I think i can make a bracket to hold it but Lord Willing I can get that to hold I believe I will have to replace the cable on the drivers side . I have a cable but getting it together in the sheath may be challenging .

Is that the piece you were talking about or was it the part of the roller that holds the end of the cable ? It was hard to get it turned right to stay in , May have to get one for passenger side . Do you remember what you paid ? I looked at them on eBay and I can get one close to that price ( $57 with tax )at advance using discount code. There would still be shipping though unless I go ahead and order my sons axle , That would get the price above $75 for free shipping. I don't know if I can afford them both and he really needs that axle .
Old 07-11-2013, 06:27 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I did the window regulator swap a few months ago. Super easy, and definitely worth getting a new one. Don't want to mess with all the cables and other junk and ensure it's at the right tension. Just easier to get them new.

I also did the 1.8L cam swap. I noticed a definite power increase at 4k rpm. Nothing like VTEC YO! but just a hair better. I also swapped in the 1.8L ECU which may have helped that as well. MPGs went up about 2-3mpg in the process as well. For a relatively easy swap (just don't break a journal bolt!!), it was a pretty easy and painless swap that I'd recommend.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

The first half-dozen hits on ebay for "2001 tiburon window regulator" are $50-ish with free shipping
Old 07-11-2013, 11:03 PM

Thats what I found as well. I got the clip part fixed on the passenger side but the main part that winds the cable is broke where the ends go in. The drive side is worse. I plan to call a salvage yard where I saw 3 Tibbys and get a price before I order new ones. Man the best priced ones on eBay are in Korea , about 3 weeks for delivery.