Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

the computers in cars

Old 01-17-2011, 02:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011/hyundai/sonata
Default the computers in cars

So the 2011 sonata has those computer things that the repair shops can scan and what not. i also heard that the computer can process how much air is going into the engine and adjust what ever it needs to accordingly. so my question is: If i install an intake and its sucking alot of air, what will the computer do? will i be saving gas because of that "eco" feature on the sonata? or what?

I just wanna install an intake but at the same time hopefully not losing warranty, not jacking up any electrical system, and not jack up the engine
Old 01-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

The ECU will learn, but its always good to a reset when installing mods like intake and exhaust components. By disconnecting the battery for a few minutes after installing the mods, and then re-connecting it, the ECU will reset itself and learn whats been done to the car.