Hyundai Sonata Forum The Hyundai Sonata Forum. The Sonata (around since 1989) and Hyundai XG300/XG350 (new for 2002) pickup the near-luxury segment for Hyundai. Find out where to get all the luxuries Korea is holding back on (HID, navigation systems, etc.) and how to tune your Hyundai Sonata, Azera, or XG for performance.

Anyone use these?

Old 01-18-2011, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE
Default Anyone use these?

I recently traded my 2005 PT Cruiser for a 2011 Sonata SE wow what a difference

A couple things I do however miss from the PT though.

1. I had added in the channel window visors and would like to get visors for the Sonata ... anyone use http://www.koreanautoimports.com/sto...ducts_id=4499? How obvious that they are outside the channel? Based on window shape anyone think there will be an in the channel option?

2. (a bit off topic) I love the ability on the PT to turn down to parking lights and still have my fog lights on, I noticed the other night that the Sonata turns off the fog lights when I turn down to parking lights. Any way to change that?

Thanks for any help I can get
Old 01-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If there is enough demand, there will be an in-channel option. Stick-ons . . . I'd have to see them in person to know if they were tolerable on my car; a color match to the body color would help.

The lights, you might just see if you can get used to it. That said, if it is electronic it can be controlled. I'm not sure if those are in a computer (programming) or just straight switches (relays/add a switch) but almost anything is possible if you want to put in the effort.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Korean Auto Imports is a great company and very helpful. You may want to give them a call and say you're a member on Hyundai Aftermarket (you'll get a discount if you do), and you had some questions about the visors.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Most cars have fogs turn on only with the headlights. You can probably tap the fog light power wire into the side marker power wire to have them activate that way.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:23 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

^Yeah, that's how it's been done in a lot of Hyundai models since 01. In my 04, there is a plug in with all the lighting wires inside the steering column shroud, which is behind the plastic just under the stick for headlight control. In this case, the fog wire needed to be cut and spliced into the fog wire so that the fogs would come on with the parking lights and stay on even when the high beams are engaged.