Hyundai/KIA RSS Feeds RSS Feeds and News Links From Around The World...

ab-b Hyundai spices up Euro lineup with i20 Coupe, i30 Turbo, revised i40

Old 12-10-2014, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default ab-b Hyundai spices up Euro lineup with i20 Coupe, i30 Turbo, revised i40

Filed under: Sedan, Wagon, Europe, Hatchback, Hyundai

Hyundai's model line in North America is made up of nameplates like Accent, Elantra and Sonata, but across the pond in Europe, the Korean automaker takes an alphanumeric approach. And it's just revealed a whole slate of new models.

Arguably the most enticing of the fresh batch of Hyundais destined for Europe is the new i20 Coupe. Joining the recently refreshed, Ford Fiesta-sized i20 five-door hatch, the new three-door gets a more rakish roofline, beefed-up wheel arches and other visual enhancements to appeal to a younger demographic. European buyers will be able to choose between four engines - two diesels and two gasoline units - ranging from 1.1 liters to 1.4 liters, offering anywhere between 74 horsepower up to 99 hp, with a new 1.0-liter turbo three to follow.

Hyundai Motor Europe has also revealed a refreshed version of its Focus-sized i30 with refreshed styling and upgraded equipment. The kicker, though, is the new i30 Turbo that packs the Korean automaker's 1.6-liter turbo four, but detuned from the 201 horsepower it produces in the Veloster Turbo and Kia Cee'd GT to "only" 183 hp. Although the refreshed i30 is available in three-door hatch, five-door hatch or wagon bodystyles, and with a six-speed manual or seven-speed dual clutch, the turbo engine is only being offered with the manual and in hatchback form.

Finally, Hyundai has also announced a refreshed version of the i40. Just a bit smaller than the Ford Fusion/Mondeo, the i40 is available in sedan and wagon forms, and benefits in this latest iteration from updated sheetmetal, a more refined cabin, upgraded equipment and a new diesel engine displacing 1.7 liters and putting out 113 or 139 horsepower, channeled through a six-speed manual or (on the more powerful version) a seven-speed DCT.

Interested parties will want to scope out images of all the new models in the accompanying galleries and details in the trio of press releases below.Continue reading Hyundai spices up Euro lineup with i20 Coupe, i30 Turbo, revised i40

Hyundai spices up Euro lineup with i20 Coupe, i30 Turbo, revised i40 originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 10 Dec 2014 18:20:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

View the full article