Hyundai/KIA RSS Feeds RSS Feeds and News Links From Around The World...

ab-b Hyundai Veloster nixed in UK after just 3 years

Old 12-12-2014, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai
Default ab-b Hyundai Veloster nixed in UK after just 3 years

Filed under: Budget, Hatchback, Hyundai, UK

The Veloster, Hyundai's funky, four-door hatchback, has been pulled from the British market after just three years on sale. The blame, as is usually the case in these circumstances, is being placed on slow sales. Auto Express reports that, much like it has in the United States, the Veloster has failed to resonate with both customers and critics.

While UK sales figures weren't available to prove AE's point, Veloster sales in the US through November are down nearly 2,000 units over the same period in 2013, to under 26,000 vehicles. That makes it the third-slowest seller in the Hyundai lineup, behind the far more expensive Azera and Equus sedans.

The performance-minded Veloster Turbo will be replaced in the UK by a version of the i30 equipped with the VT's 1.6-liter, force-induced, direct-injected engine. You can read all about that new vehicle right here.Hyundai Veloster nixed in UK after just 3 years originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 12 Dec 2014 11:02:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

View the full article
Old 12-12-2014, 10:00 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I don't get it. Car is great. Fun, sporty, performs on par with the price, and doesn't look like everything else on the road. Best bang for the buck in its price range.

Yesterday, I was actually approached by a 370z owner that said she kicks herself for not giving the Veloster a chance! Yes, the Z will outperform the VT, but at half the price, you certainly get more then half the car!