Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Wiring beta1 Harness into 01 1.5 accent

Old 09-25-2012, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Accent
Default Wiring beta1 Harness into 01 1.5 accent

I looked into other topics but they werent specific to my situation. I just pulled a wiring harness and ecm for my 2000 2.0 elantra engine sitting in my 2001 1.5 accent. Ive been reading up on wiring the new loom to the engine and dash relay but im confused.. The accent harness has 2 plugs (yellow and white) that plug into the body harness, and so does the beta1. Does anyone have the pinouts for those plugs so i can repin those? If thats how id go about that. But the biggest problem is the accent has a plug that goes into the engine relay, the beta1 does not. How do i combine the two? Any help to rid my confusion and lack of mobility would be awesome!

Thanks
Old 09-25-2012, 05:48 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

PAGING HOTBLUE02! PAGING HOTBLUE 02!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by pas1216
PAGING HOTBLUE02! PAGING HOTBLUE 02!

Haha! I messaged him earlier but in hopes to get the info i need earlier I wanted to see if others had any insight.. I want to see this baby run! this wiring stuff is confusing
Old 09-25-2012, 10:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

I thought the 2000 Elantra was the first with the Beta 2 engine? Post a pick of your Beta ecu connector to verify please.

Now If it is a Beta 1...

The work you will have to do to get the Beta 1 harness to work on the Accent will be stupid but with patience it could be done. If it were me and from what I have researched I would not bother with the Beta 1 harness other then as parts, instead I would make the Alpha harness run the Beta 1 engine and ecu. The main reason I would modify the alpha harness over adapting the Beta 1 harness is simple, the Alpha harness has more then just connections to the engine that will not be there in the Beta 1 harness. For example you probably noticed that the beta 1 harness, assuming beta 1 Tib & Lantra harnesses are the same, does not connect to the engine bay fuse box, your Accent does. You would have to Frankenstein the Alpha and beta together.

Cab- Swapping the Beta ecu connector to the alpha harness

First I would identify and number each wire according to the pin # on both harnesses ecu connectors. For the Alpha I would also mark it with the new pin # number it will become on the Beta ecu connector... Use this... Beta Swap ECM Pinout Guide Now cut the ecu connectors free and make sure to leave 8-12 inches of wire coming off the Beta ecu connector with the pin# marks on the wires near the connector. On the Alpha cut near the ecu connector, I would have marked the wires about 8 inches up from the connector with the Alpha pin # and about 10 inches up for the new reassigned pin #. Now match up the reassigned alpha pin #'s to the Beta connector pin #'s. This will require you to cut and solder all the ecu connector wires since both uses different size connecting pins or if you can find new pins that match the beta's then crimping them on to the Alpha wires would be best. Some wires sizes will not match, I have not had a problem with that. Also note that some left over alpha wires will probably occur, same with the Beta ecu connector.

Engine Bay

Some sensor connectors will probably match up and others will not. For the ones that do match you will need to double check to make sure that they are pinned correctly. Now the connectors that do not fit, I would find out if the Alpha sensor is compatible to use on the Beta. If it is great but make sure that it is pinned correctly. Lastly swap over the Beta connectors needed to complete the job.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:25 AM

This is a great help but the wiring harness in the accent is pretty much scrapped along with the engine. That wasn't my choice but it's too late too make a deal of it. All the sensors and such were cut off leaving just wires. I was hoping not to splice too much that's why I.wanted to swap with the elantra. It's beta 1 cause beta 2 has MAP mine has maf? Is that right?
Old 09-26-2012, 01:58 PM

No i dont mind doing some art work with the harness haha. But I would like to just know how know the pinouts of the three plugs (the original yellow white and engine relay) of the accent and the yellow and white plug of the 2000 elantra (but actually from a 2001 tibby)
Old 09-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

In case you don't know,

User Internet Explorer (only)

Go to www.hyundaitechinfo.com

Register for a free account.

Service and electrical manuals, plus owners', TSBs and some other good stuff, free from Hyundai. Unfortunately some of the Accent manuals are missing, not sure about your year. I know for a happy fact the 2000 Elantra is there.

Never trust wire colors, they seem to have changed them frequently. Always go by the pinouts.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Well the 2 connectors you are referring to are called MC01 and MC02. I identified them a long time ago when I hacked up a Beta 2 harness for the swap. I now run the 1.5L harness so I have been down both roads. I would modify the 1.5 harness all week long over hacking the beta 2 harness, and the beta 2 harness is easier then the beta 1 harness so I dont envy your decision. Back to the connectors, your gunna have to do what I did, pour over every single page of accent schematics to identify all the MC01/02 pins, also do this for the EC01 connector, this is the engine bay fuse box connection and a lot of those wires will need to be frankensteined into the Beta harness.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:03 PM

Thanks Ill give it a shot!