Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Tranny swap guide?

Old 05-04-2002, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny swap guide?

Anyone here know where I can find a tranny conversion guide? For a 99-2k Elantra or Tiburon? Possibly with pictures? And a list of part for the conversion. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2002, 08:25 PM

and also what will the stock 2k elantra tranny hold?? where can i find racing tranny's?
Old 05-05-2002, 12:11 AM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Hey guys, try a forums search cuz I think someone posted the answers to your questions a while ago...it helps to not use up too much of the bandwith(whatever that thing is)...

About a racing transmission, you'd better have a big budget ready, cuz they dont come cheap! How's 47K sound for a custom-ratio Getrag? I know there was a post about this somewhere...just can't remember the price. All I can remember is that someone said the manufacturer was Quaife...but dont hold me to that cuz my brain's a mess right now
Old 05-05-2002, 01:38 AM

OK I have searched to forums for over 5 hours and cannot find any links to a conversion guide that has pictures and instructions... Does anyone out there know where I can find one? Thanks. (For a 2k Elantra or Tib).
Old 05-05-2002, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

There is no "conversion guide".

I'm not even sure what you are asking for in a "conversion guide".

There have only been about 5 people who have attempted this. All but one had the modifcation professionally done.

To try to build a "how to swap your own tranny" would require about as much time as doing the tranny swap itself.

Shaddoh had posted all the parts he used, and most of the tools, and a couple of the problems he ran into. If you search by his posts you should be able to find all the information that currently exists on this subject.

Since so few people have done it, there is not a lot of information out there.