Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Time to go 2.0 (beta time!)

Old 08-31-2002, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to go 2.0 (beta time!)

After all this time I finally have the money to do the illusive Beta swap.
Engine...........check
Tranny...........check
ecu..............got it and a question. sad.gif
motor mounts.....motor mounts?
1) Where can I find motor mounts for the 2.0 Beta going into a 2002 Hyundai Accent (GL if that makes any difference)?
2) Where can I find the "ecu mapping" to "piggy-back" on to my Accent ecu?
Thank you in advance for any and all help.
Old 08-31-2002, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Accent

Dude, I've been researching this a lot. And to my knowledge you're also gonna need a new axle as neither the tib axle or the accent axle will work with this setup. And the motor mounts are gonna have to be custom made.
Old 08-31-2002, 01:29 PM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

Everything you've prolly seen has had to do with the X3 accent, not the LC like this dude has.

There's gonna be some funky rewiring involved man... If you have the 1.5L it would be easier, but basically your gonna have to either replace the entire wiring harness (not cheap or fun) or play trace the wire and rewire your existing harness (cheaper but still not fun).

I'm working on sorting out the pins on the ecm using webtech's wiring diagrams. Hopefully i'll have a better idea of whats gonna need to be changed.

The motor mounts are supposed to line up on the LC. The axles... not sure.