Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

cost of tranny swap

Old 09-01-2002, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cost of tranny swap

i've been reading all the stuff about doing the auto to manual swap.. and i'm REALLY thinking about doing it.. can anyone give me a rough cost for it, including labor and stuff? and also, would a hyundai dealership be able to do this?
Old 09-01-2002, 02:05 PM
QS

Parts around $800 labor varies. An you wouldn't want a hyundai dealership preformaing such major mod.
Old 09-02-2002, 12:25 AM

Yeah parts will be around 800 including a new clutch, preasure plate,and throwout bearings (autozone for clutch kit 178) the hardest part of the swap is droping the trany and puttin the new one up. If you have all the parts should only take a full day. at least mine did. after you finish u will be getting a engine check code if you search for trany swap cel you should find out how to fix that I still need to do that. oh i paid 580 w tax for my trany 30k on it and all the parts to do the swap but without a clutch kit P well good luck and have fun shifting
Old 09-02-2002, 01:03 AM

damn, that's fairly cheap.. a few more questions though.. what do i do with my old auto? i saw people talking about trading in and stuff? and also, where the hell would i begin looking for one? lol.. a junk yard? or could i just have a mechanic or something get me one?
Old 09-02-2002, 05:15 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Where did you get the tranny and parts from, have been looking.