Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

tibbie tranny on 1.8 lantra swap=possible?

Old 08-14-2002, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tibbie tranny on 1.8 lantra swap=possible?

hey guys, heres the deal. im planning on doing a 5 speed swap in my elantra. i want to use a tib tranny cuz i would imagine it can handle more power, but i dont know if it will bolt up to my block. also what parts do i need to locate to do this swap i.e. tranny, axles, tranny ecu?, shift linkage, pedal assembly, i dont really know so if some of you could help me out, that would be great!
Old 08-14-2002, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

On your 96 elantra, any beta tranny would work. Tibby or elantra, 1.8L or 2.0L

The 2.0L has a taller final drive for better freway gas mileage, but other than that...there's no point to using a 2.0L vs the 1.8L.

Trannies are the same, tibby and elantra, so use whatever is cheaper.
Old 08-14-2002, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thanks again! what about axels {(will after market axels fit with the grandurer spindle/hub assy?)or what ever assembly the 11 inch brake kit comes with from SR} also what other parts do i need to get with the swap?