Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Slyderdai's Beta swap!

Old 09-17-2008, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 elantra, Soon to be beta swapped 01 lc hatch
Default Slyderdai's Beta swap!

Have the car 2001 LC 1.5, 5 speed hatch. Have the motor 2003 beta II from an elantra.

Right now I have the alpha stripped down to the block and the interior torn apart.

Now let me get this straight. I can use:
1.5 trans
Map based beta II
1.5 harness with maf to map mod
1.6ecu
custom mounts

Does anyone know if it run well(or at all) with the 1.6 ecu?
Or do I have to have the ecu chips swapped? (alpha to beta)

Oh and Can I say F*CK here?
Old 09-17-2008, 06:43 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent 2.0L

It will run just fine the 1.6ecu. If you go alpha to beta (ECU) then you have to re wire everything.
I'm currently working on my beta swap on my 1.5 LC. If you have any question just ask.

You have to extend some some sensors, I am working on a write up on it as well.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:58 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jsharptooth91 @ Sep 17 2008, 08:43 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>It will run just fine the 1.6ecu. If you go alpha to beta (ECU) then you have to re wire everything.
I'm currently working on my beta swap on my 1.5 LC. If you have any question just ask.

You have to extend some some sensors, I am working on a write up on it as well.</div>

Does the 1.6 ecu just swap straight in where the 1.5 came out? Wiring is the only thing that scares me with this swap. I can extend wires well enough. But when it comes to swapping pins and all that I'm lost. I've been wanting to beta swap since I read about it a couple of years ago. I've probably read every beta swap related thread at HP, I just keep confusing the SH*T out of myself.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

The 1.6l ECU will run it just fine, there are minor differences in the tune and the rev limiter is higher on the 2.0l ECU but nothing that's a big deal.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:17 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent 2.0L

The only thing you have to re wire is the MAF to a MAP. Its very easy to do. If you get a chance, pull the plug out of the MAF sensor, if you look down at the pins on the MAF you will see some numbers, 1-5. You will only use 4 wires off the MAF, because the MAP only has four wires.

Now If you look at the MAP their should be some number on it as well, 1-4. I have the colors written down, but I want to test it to make sure they are right.
You can also look at the diagram below and match up the wires that way. Hope this helps. Let me know!! I get my headers tomorrow, so I should know within a couple of days if I did mine right.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:51 PM

Are there any sensors or anything I need to keep from my 1.5 motor? I am gonna scrap it this weekend along with whatever is useless for the swap.

Would the beta 1 be a straight swap as it is maf based also? I am having trouble locating a damned beta II (for less than 600 dollars) I was half tempted to go wreck the XD so I would have an excuse to yank that motor. lol. I can get beta 1.8's dirt cheap! Like 45-50 dollars at Harry's maybe I'll grab one to test it out and see if it works. (I have all fall and winter to get it done and ready for springtime.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:34 PM

well , All the unnecessary parts have been removed and pitched to the trash. pretty much gutted interior right now, Spent the weekend searching for a beta, had no luck. The Yard near my house has 3 elantras but they all have over 100k on them, I want to swap in a low mileage motor. They also have 6 lc accents, I'm gonna pick a new hood from him on thursday, the guy said he'd sell me a 1.6L motor with 8k on it for $150. I'm tempted to get it and build it up. Are there any internal upgrades available for this motor? I'm still doing the beta swap. I'd like to build a motor up though, I've watched my dad build american muscle my whole life and I'd love to show him what can be done with an econbox POS.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

You can get some stuff here:
http://www.importperformanceparts.net/
Old 10-13-2008, 04:14 PM

This what $150 dollars gets you

Blacked out the bezels and tinted the turn signal lens

front shot

Gutted much????

couple dents

still waiting to yank this bitch
Old 01-03-2009, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 2004/Tuscani/2.7 elisa

you can stick in any sort of internal upgrades that you wish, but you will be hard pressed to find a kit. you would need to find out the piston and rods and crank sizes correctly, then just find them online. its what i did for my dodge truck, works like a dream. allows alot more customizing than a kit too. you will just have to find good bearings and such too, get your block checked, all that good stuff.