Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

simple beta accent ?

Old 12-04-2002, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default simple beta accent ?

will the automatic transmission from the 1.6L motor bolt on/work with the beta engine?

for the time being i jsut want to bore out the motor 1mm and drop it in and get it running. save some time and money if i can. later on things will be replaced as the engine churns out more and more power.

Im not looking for a this tranny is better than that one, or whatnot, I just would like to know, yes it will fit and you can use it, or no you cant use it and you have to get a tibby tranny.
Old 12-08-2002, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't know about it fitting, and i'm not going to tell you which tranny is better. however, why don't you just do the auto-manual swap while you're at it? i mean, even if the accent tranny will bolt up to a beta, you might as well just buy the accent or tib manual tranny. since you'll have the engine out, it wouldn't be that much more work to swap trannies.