Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Short shifter re:beta swap

Old 03-20-2002, 08:20 AM
Mav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short shifter re:beta swap

Hey all, if I were to get the beta swap done to my 99 Accent (which I probly will), and I want a short shifter, would I use the Tib's short shifter or the Accent's? I would think the Tib's, because then all of the parts would mate up, but then it may not fit the location of the bolt holes for the Accent shifter assy.

Which brings me to my next question: how come Sharkracing.com doesn't have a short shifter for the 95-99 Accent? Huh? Huh?

Ah well, I think HVE has one. I'm just saying... ya know...hint hint...but I digress.
Tib shifter or Accent shifter?

Mav
Old 03-20-2002, 10:03 AM

Just swaping the engine won't allow you to use a tib short shifter unless your shifter assembly is exactly the same.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

You would have to use an accent short shifter. Unless you replace the accent baseplate and shifter assembly with one from a tibby, you would have to keep the accent base plate which means you need an accent short shifter.
Old 03-20-2002, 02:52 PM
Mav

Well, I am swapping from auto to 5spd, so I would have to get a new shifter assy anyways. Would the Tib shifter plate FIT into the Accent? Will it fit with a bit of modification, or is there no way? I have to use the Tib tranny and connectors and everything, so I am thinking I might as well.

Am I going to have to pioneer this one? lol

Mav
Old 03-20-2002, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Alpha motor auto to Beta motor 5-speed. Nope...you're the first there!
Old 03-20-2002, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

It is very cool to be the first, once it works...and anything will fit, if you can afford making it fit. Do it.
Old 03-21-2002, 01:40 AM
Mav

Well then, off I go! Can someone possibly scan the silhouette of the tib short shifter base plate, or perhaps just measure the distances inbetween the bolts holding it down to the chassis? That would make this effort a lot cheaper...better to test fit with measurements or a scan than buy the actual piece and find that it doesn't fit, eh? I think that I will have to go with the Tib one regardless, since I have to buy the shift linkage kit that is for the Tib anyways. If someone could measure the bolts tho, that'd be great.

Thanks,

Mav