Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Parts needed for tranny swap

Old 03-05-2002, 10:00 AM
Mav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts needed for tranny swap

Hey all, when I do the beta swap, I am moving up to the 5spd, so I need some help figuring out parts that I will need. I know I need the pedals at least(duh). Does the shifter basically attach itself to the tranny, ie if I pull the eng/trans out of the car, will the linkage already be attached to it? I am getting a better clutch to put in since the engine's out already, and it puts off replacing the clutch for a while, anyways. What other things will I need? I am going to check out HMAService.com, but does anyone know offhand?

Thanks all,

Mav
Old 03-05-2002, 10:46 AM
Mav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, checked out hmaservice.com, and from what I can tell, if I am swapping the entire eng/trans assy then I only need the clutch master cylinder, the pedals, linkage incl. hoses, cables, etc, and drive shafts, which would prolly have gone on anyways. I will also most likely be putting the tib braking system on as well, assuming it fits. Am I missing anything else? Could Random or Red or someone help me out?

thanks,

Mav