Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Motor confusion

Old 06-18-2011, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0 G4GF-EG

Hi,

I have G4GF-EG (a 99kW Beta I adapted to European emission standards). My exhaust manifold cracked. The replacemente part (catalytic converter and exhaust manifold are one part) costs around 850 €. I want to change the exhaust anyway, but it is a bit difficult to modify it and still be allowed to drive it in Germany. I do not really have the time to figure out a streetlegal header setup with changed catalytic converters. Now I tiped in 2001 Hyundai Tiburon exhaust manifold on google. There are quite a few listed for the G4CP engine (part number 28510-23431). From the rest of this conversation I gather that that part number would never fit my car, right? Does anyone know a two piece replacement option for part number 28510-23720 (or 28510-23721). I really just need the header, but it has to look stock ie no stainless steel parts. I also need to be able to attach the old catalytic converter (flange or whatever).

Greetings from overseas
Old 06-18-2011, 07:20 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

WTF TOMTE????? Really, where was this convo about Cracked Exhaust manis???
Old 06-18-2011, 08:31 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0 G4GF-EG

Originally Posted by Turboron_99
WTF TOMTE????? Really, where was this convo about Cracked Exhaust manis???
I know it was not about the manifold. I'm sorry if this seemed off topic. Let me try to clear this up: Apparently there might be Tiburons with a G4CP engine in the US - multiple vendors sell manifolds for a 1997-2001 Tiburon with a G4CP engine. This topic was about both engines and whether they can be found in the tiburon. Since I was looking for a part that is very likely to have different dimensions for both engines I was wondering whether someone knows how to recognise the difference between the two. The part numbers are exactly the same except for the last three digits. I thought that the 28510-23XXX parts would be compatible, but if the G4CP and G4GF engine are so different they cannot be. This thread seemed appropriate (vendors as well as people that know both engines took part in the conversation) to ask which parts (and part numbers) would be suitable in my situation. My apologies for not stating this clearer in th initial post. I thought it would be pointless to start a new thread if there is already one that deals with both engines and is relatively recent. I did not want to dig up older ones. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

@Turboron_99

Apparently you had an issue with a flange - how did that work out and what flange was it?
Old 06-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If you have a separate question, you are more likely to get the answer by opening your own thread (vs. threadjacking another thread).

The manifolds that are of a piece with the converters in the USA are covered under a service campaign. They all crack, but some years will get free replacement manifolds forever, free. I don't know if the campaign extended to Europe.