Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

hybrid accent?

Old 12-07-2009, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Accent
Default hybrid accent?

I know hyundai is doing the hybrid sonata, but wouldnt it make more sense to start off with a small car like the accent? Then it could be a match for the prius and insight. i can easily see a direct injected hybrid accent that gets 50+ miles to the gallon and still have decent performance.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:18 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

people who buy hybrids also want nice cars. usually they have some money to throw around. as much as i hate the prius, if you told me i could have a hybrid accent or a prius, i'd take the prius any day.

accent is too small and cheap of a car to put the time and money into developing a hybrid.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:11 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

It already gets good MPG. Not hybrid numbers but not way off either.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Plus a hybrid needs to be a bit bigger, making room for all those batteries and an electric motor in an Accent would be tough.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:37 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

^^ they did it on the first gen prius why not a accent?

anywho i always found hybrid owners to be a joke...they want to help the environment....then order a prius with leather seats

diesel is the way to go if you want good MPG

55+mpg...no batteries needed
Old 12-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

The Prius was designed as a hybrid. If the next Accent is designed with a place for the electric motor and batteries it would be fine.

A 6 stroke Crower engine combined with the Ilmor 5 stroke engine to make a 7 stroke engine, run on diesel with direct injection would probably have a chance to really make some good mileage numbers. It might work better with a turbo, or it might not with the extra cylinder(s) capturing the exhaust energy. My gut feeling is that a turbo would still be beneficial.