Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Engine Swaps

Old 10-24-2001, 03:45 PM
Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Originally posted by ICE3X:
how much horse power can I gain with new rod and pistons upgrade</div>It depends... If you buy a set of top-of-the-line pistons and rods, the only limit is how much money you have to spend on the rest.

Using the stock block, crank, head, and aftermarket rods and pistons, the crazy folks in Korea have at least ONE Tiburon making 580 WHEEL horsepower. Of course, you'd still need the associated $20,000 (guessing) cost of the monster-ass turbo, Motec computer system, supporting fuel equipment, hours and days of tuning blah blah....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Originally posted by ICE3X:
where do i get those at?</div>

It's all custom made. Pistons = HKS, JE, Wiseco, Arias, Ross, your choice. Rods = Eagle, Crower, I'm sure there are others that I'm not thinking about.

Custom made = $$$$. See my post in the General Mods forum under the thread "Calling all quick tibs" for a general price list of the parts I've purchased for my project. Expect close to $10K for a full setup, not including most labor.

-Red-
Old 10-24-2001, 05:37 PM

Turboman1,

I'm not sure if you have a boost gauge reading right. 0.6 bar and making 265 whp does not seem possible.

Volkswagen had a group Advanced Motorsport that had a CARB aproved 2.0L turbo kit that put the Golf up to 400hp but they were using a crazy amount of boost.

My G60 is at about 1 bar and my car isn't making any where close to 265 whp. I would like to see a dyno sheet if you have it. I'm not saying that you are lying, it's possible but it's just very difficult. There is a guy that has done pretty much everything he could and he does have 298 whp, but he is only allowed on tracks. He is pushing 2 bar on his little car.
Old 10-24-2001, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

DESIGN -

It is possible to do a MAF to MAP conversion, but, it would not be easy or cheap. For the money and time you would spend doing it, you might as well install a Haltec EK6 and just completely by pass the stock ecu and gain nearly infinite adjustability.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:38 PM

True. I was assuming that the Europe and Asian ecu's would not be a plug and play issue. Full replacement IS the best option for ultimate power mongers.
Old 10-25-2001, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Keep in mind you would be spending $200 to $500 for a non-usa spec ECU.

You would then need a MAP equipped Intake Manifold, with MAP still attached.

Then you would have to "cut and Splice" the wiring harnsess to remove the MAF, and add in the MAP...and route the wires to the proper pin's on the non-usa SPEC ECU. NOT FUN!
Old 10-25-2001, 04:22 AM

Turbo are you saying 180hp total are 180hp on top of the stock hp?