Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

engine swap....

Old 06-02-2002, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine swap....

if i happened to have a 2jz engine in my posession as well as a transmission, would it be possible to put it in my tiburon?
Old 06-02-2002, 05:55 AM

Not a chance, the only cars I know that can take a 2jz-gte are any of the Lexuses, any celicas up to 1985, older supras, and once I saw one in a Corolla/Sprinter Trueno.

(if you see a trend in this post, they're all toyota makes, no hyundais)
Old 06-02-2002, 08:09 AM

anything is possible but ur stupid to try unless uve got the $$ the 2jz engine is a RWD engine not FWD so there is that problem, ive seen 2jz engines swapped into 240's and a BMW but that was just for shops 2 say see we can

Now the question is do u have a 2jz-GE or 2jz-GTE

If its the GE it has no turbo's and is basically worthless as it wont be worth ur time to swap into a tib

the GTE wouldnt be worht it either but less worthelss cuz of its power handling possibities, yet a tib engine bay probably doesnt havethe space to mount a big turbo setup and the engine in it