Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

engine swap

Old 06-19-2002, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fastest sea foam....hehe

but its like a geo metro v8

no body cares tongue.gif
Old 06-19-2002, 12:46 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Veniston:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Dopeskills:
The engines are very compact so I would assume that it doesn't have to be mounted longitudinal.

The supercharged rotary (Mazda) is set up for use on a boat. I could post a pic you want.</div>Sounds interesting, I just looked into it and apparently there is a fair sized marine market for rotary engines. Do you know how much crank horsepower the supercharged unit is making?

I'm planning on a boat some day too, that setup would be awesome </div>

It makes 240hp

You have a private message...
Old 06-20-2002, 01:29 AM

Ok, I would love to be able to afford the rb26 but I can't sad.gif I am still trying to figure out how I will afford the sr20det But I will.

As far as slapping a different motor in, let me break it down to you. Like Random said earlier, You would end up cheaper by buying a front clip. Depending on the motor, it will run you around $3500 + labor

Let me give you a perspective on what the total cost will run. To do an SR20DET swap int the 240sx costs almost $5000 for parts and labor. The SR20det bolts right up to the 240sx. No custom mounts, no reworking the trany, no RWD conversion. It doesn't get much more straight forward then that. All in all, it is as easy as a swap gets.

Now, there is only one person I know of in this world that has swapped a different motor into his Tib and that is Tony5050. And he basically has stated if he had it to do all over again, he probably wouldn't.

My opinons are that motors should be with the cars they are built for. If you want a rotery then buy a Mazda, if you want a sr20det then buy Nissan, 4g63t's belong in a Mitsubishi and older Hyundais that had the Mitsu engines. It will probably be alot cheaper in the long run and you will have alot more reliable car.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

what motor did tony5050 use? How much was his conversion? Damn...where have I been?
Old 06-20-2002, 02:04 AM

I heard tony has a Evo Lancer engine in his car.

1. I dont believe it.
2. yes I have seen post stamp size pics of his engine bay.
3. he never replied to any questions I asked him over PM and email.

My question is, when his front wheels slip and the transfer case tries to devert power to the rear wheels, and all he has ia spinning shaft, that just does not sound good to me, at all..

Thou I have head road race engineering convertin awd trannys to fwd, because the internals of an awd are suppose ot be stronger (this is for an eclipse trany)
Old 06-20-2002, 11:34 AM

It was the lancer evo engine.

He showed the pics on hp and they were much larger then postage stamps.

Just because he didn't reply to your e-mails, doesn't mean he didn't have it. I can only imagine how many people asked him questions and e-mailed him after he showed those pics. I would not have replied to them either.

He did however answer many questions on the website.
Old 06-20-2002, 02:56 PM

Are you talking about the blue Tib with the evo engine in it? Some of the pics were on the road with a girl standing beside it with tall trees in the background. I remember seeing pics of it too and the website.

If I remember correctly it was right hand drive too, wasn't it? The engine was in there, but it was a very tight fit.
Don't remember the site addy though.
Old 06-21-2002, 12:36 AM

Yeah, I think he was from Singapore (or somewhere in Southeast Asia). He was even hinting at doing an awd project.
Old 06-21-2002, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Okay, now I know who the guy is. He was in Malaysia. (his website was Malaysian Modified Imports, It's been down for some time).

He did indeed post some large photos of his car/engine.

Autobot- I didn't know he showed up on any of the forums, I though you were refering to a member in the USA.
Old 06-21-2002, 02:16 PM

Nope, thats why I sain "I only know of one person in the WORLD"