Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Beta Motor Transplant

Old 06-25-2002, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beta Motor Transplant

Has anyone been successful in installing a Beta I motor in a 96 Accent GT.

Any special modification need to make it fit?
I have all the necessay parts to make this happen, Engine, trans, axles, ECM, wiring harness.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:17 PM

custom mounts, thats about it.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:44 PM

that's about it? hmmm... from what i understand, you will need to convert your car to a return fuel system, have CUSTOM axles fabricated as neither the tib or accent ones will work, and obtain a standalone or piggyback ecu as the stock one from either car will not work. then there's the mounts, radiator relocation, a/c removal, etc. etc. etc....

i think that about covers most of it.
Old 06-25-2002, 02:25 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>xHATEx:
that's about it? hmmm... from what i understand, you will need to convert your car to a return fuel system, have CUSTOM axles fabricated as neither the tib or accent ones will work, and obtain a standalone or piggyback ecu as the stock one from either car will not work. then there's the mounts, radiator relocation, a/c removal, etc. etc. etc....

i think that about covers most of it.</div>The 2.0 Litre Tib motor I have has a return fuel line. And I don't think I need an ECM piggyback becaue I have the Stock ECM and wiring haness of the donor Tib and all the necessary sensors.

When you mean custom mounts...that than mean an modified OEM one?
Old 06-25-2002, 02:28 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>xHATEx:

i think that about covers most of it.</div>96 accent wont have a returnless fuel system.
you wont need a piggy back ecu. youwould replace the wirirng harness and use the stock ecu.
I never heard about the radiator needing to be relocated.
a/c I have not heard anyone talk about that either.

but yeah, I was comign back to tell ya.

You need new axles as well.
Old 06-25-2002, 02:54 PM

I've seen pics of ppl who have done these transplants in Australia. There are alot of similar things between the 1.5 DOHC and the Beta motors.

Has anyone purchase stuff from HVE? and good or bad comments?
Old 06-25-2002, 03:32 PM

the 95-99 accent has a returnable fuel system. dont know about the gt but the GSi is returnable
Old 06-25-2002, 03:44 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Accent

Hey jaws, whenever you start swapping throw some pics on the board man, like as many as you can take. I plan on doing it before the end of the summer in my 2001. Also plan on adding some boost, so I'm still gonna be rebuilding the motor and what not for a while. I just wanna see some guide info some I'm not completely blind on this.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:49 AM

We have the donor car already and we are in the process of removing it sometime this week.

Next summers is the projected date of installation, still gathering information on making this project work. But forsure we'll pist progress pics.
Old 06-27-2002, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

LOL if you want to sell the donor car, sell it to a Honda fan...they're used to regular sized cars with 1.5L engines...