Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Do the new accents come with a beta engine?

Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Accent
Default Do the new accents come with a beta engine?

I see the 2013's are coming with 138 hp. Thats pretty close to the 140 betas. Wonder if the new ones would be easily transplantable like the RD series betas are.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:42 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

They aren't betas, they are just smaller engines with 10 more years of R&D put into them.

I don't see any huge reason why you couldn't swap around within the current family of Hyundais though. Considering the i20, Accent, and Veloster use the same family of engine, Hyundai seems to be carrying on with badge engineering as per the industry norm. Although I suspect that there's less similarity between the current Elantra and Accent as there was between the two cars in the 90s.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:28 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

The RB motor is the same 1.6L Gamma used in the n/a Veloster and current Elantra lineup (minus the touring, last I saw it still uses a beta2)