Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

ALL WHEEL DRIVE

Old 11-11-2002, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, I will be nice.

I would use the Lancer transmisison mount. They are a stiffer being built to handle 280bhp

Becareful what rear differntial you use. Gear ratios in the transmission to transfer case to driveshaft to rear differential. If this is not done correctly, you will be burning out your center diff. cause your car will think it is already slipping.

JAws is correct, why bother paying for a lancer ecu, just buy the haltech.

some galants use a 3.93 , some eclipses have a 4.11 and Lancer VI has a 4.529. Get the picture?
Yes, you would need to talk to a hard core mitsu guy to fnd out all the ratios.

some sorta DSM version of Random.

Now, assume you figure out how to modify the chassis without needed an engineering certificate. Or you some how get one (which is like less possible) Then you will only need to worry about the fuel cell. If you put it behind the axles, you may have some exhaust routing problems. and I woudl be fearing anyone who smashes into your rear end.

I would put it in the trunk.

good luck...
Old 11-11-2002, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a 4g63T JDM on ebay go for $1200, and it had under 60k miles on it...you got ripped a new one.

As far as the swap go, I give you major props for attempting this. I am aspiring to do something similar, but not AWD, that's real ballzy