Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

ALL WHEEL DRIVE

Old 11-08-2002, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL WHEEL DRIVE

okay i'm new but glad i found more tiburon people my evo IV on the way here and i need to know what i need to make it all wheel drive i'm not toldly sure but any help would be great what i was wondering if an evo rear drivetrain would work spindles rearend half shafts drive shaft if so i can get those for there too?
Old 11-08-2002, 04:34 PM

Well since you are getting the evp IV engine.

I assume you got the tranny. Which is AWD. So get the transfer case, and the propper shaft and the rear suspension.

pay the $3k dollars to make the rear suspension work on your car, get the fuel cell (lose trunk)

modify the floor plan to accept the evo transfer case. Then get an engineers certificate so you can drive your car on the road again.

Thats about all ya need to do smile.gif

good luck.

This is asume you did not spend much money on putting the Evo IV motor in.

Btw, were did ya get it? mileage? price?

Hope ya got the ECU and harnesses as well. Tiburon ecu wont work.

I'd like to note. IF you cant figure out how to get awd put in on your own. You probably should not be doing it. Go on www.google.com and do some research on awd systems. You need to know how they work before you go trying ot add one a car enver ment to have one.

[ November 11, 2002, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 11-08-2002, 04:41 PM

dude, are you serious. you want to know what you need to make it awd? perhaps, you should have thought of that before you bought the engine. don't abuse the board by asking how to start the car. do the research, then come on here and brag about it. people will email you and ask how you did it, then you get recognition, rather than asking the few reknowned people how to do things. i'm sorry, but that pathetic.

[ November 08, 2002, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: turbulence ]
Old 11-08-2002, 05:45 PM

This should be in the Suspension/Tranny or General forum but anyway...

I read this so I figured I should throw my hat into this also.

You're gonna spend ALOT of money doing an Evo AWD setup. In all seriousness, you should leave your car as fwd. Theres nothing wrong with fwd in many cases. If you master fwd, it can handle very well. I know a few people with CRX's that with not many mods and dominate SCCA events. Unless you're a grand mechanical engineer that knows what he or she is doing, theres no sense to spend that much money on an AWD setup. With that money you could get a pretty well modded fwd tib.
Old 11-08-2002, 05:47 PM

with the money you could buy a sweet *** wrx like boom.
Old 11-09-2002, 08:57 AM

okay well i thought you guys might be help and yes i done some research on it and but instead you bash someone well anyways it got 25k miles and only 4500 for it and i got the rear end too i was hoping you guys might be helpful but looks like this is just another one of those forums to rip on people. i was asking if anyone had any other information about it something useful but thanks anyways for hmm well nothing really
Old 11-09-2002, 09:59 AM

Well, dont try to lie to us. If you did do research. You would say I know blah, blah, blah. But I dont understand this.

Then we would help you.

But since you do not know anything. You gave a big general question on the subject.

Now since have research this. I am sure you have some specific questions. Ask them and we will be more then happy to answer you.
Old 11-09-2002, 07:35 PM

instead of getting the ecu... get a haltech...

You dont have to make it AWD... get the car running first

Worry about making it AWD after it starts rolling
Old 11-10-2002, 02:47 AM

http://www.howstuffworks.com/four-wheel-drive.htm
Old 11-11-2002, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Shadohh, turbulence- If you don't have anything to add/help, just don't reply. You BOTH will be getting e-mails from me.

If you were to try to make this work (AWD), I can see 2 "cheap" routes you can take.

#1. The center drive shaft back off an all wheel drive Eclipse, or Galant
#2. The center drive shaft back from an Evo VI.

The domestically available Eclipse/Galant parts would be cheaper, but I can't guarantee that they would mate up to the Evo VI tranny. You'd have to check into some serious Mitsu guys for that info.

It would NOT be easy, or cheap. It would most likely require the relocation of the gas tank to behind the back axle rather than in front of it, but it's withing the realm of possibility.

It would be MUCH easier/cheaper if you had a 1990-1995 elantra, as those shared suspension components and engine/tranny mounts with the older eclipses...but it is theortically possible.