Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

Accent 2000+ beta swap the list...

Old 06-15-2002, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accent 2000+ beta swap the list...

Ok I've searched the forum and have made a list of what is required for a beta swap in a 2000+ accent so here it is:
<ul>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Beta 2.0L From either a 1998-2000 Lantra/Elantra OR 1996-2001 Coupe/Tiburon[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ECU & Wiring loom from the donor car[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Modify Engine Mounts[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">New Clutch (Heavy Duty)[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Transmission from the donor car (Tiburon) Recommended[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fuel Pump from a Tiburon (Recommended if you plan to go Turbo)[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is there anything wrong with what is listed above if so let us know as I'll be going beta in about a month or so after I source the motor.
Old 06-16-2002, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

You should contact HVE. They have done the beta swap before, and should be able to let you know what parts you need.

I'd specifically ask about the axles. With the beta engine and tranny, the accent axles might not fit, but the tibby axles might be too long/wide.
Old 06-16-2002, 05:20 AM

The 2001 Accents use a MAP system
The 2001 Elantra and 03 Tiburon BetaII also uses a MAP system

Wouldn't the transplant be easier by using the BetaII? Compared most of the electrical connectors and most of them are the same. I'm just going to confirm pin locations of both ECU's.

I beleieve the both ECM connectors are the same also.
Old 06-16-2002, 07:53 AM

You should actually probably contact Dan @ kore cuz he has a running swap... i started the car up @ carlisle... he is more local so it wont cost ur much more for the long convo
Old 06-16-2002, 07:54 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>J@WS 01:
The 2001 Accents use a MAP system
The 2001 Elantra and 03 Tiburon BetaII also uses a MAP system

Wouldn't the transplant be easier by using the BetaII? Compared most of the electrical connectors and most of them are the same. I'm just going to confirm pin locations of both ECU's.

I beleieve the both ECM connectors are the same also.</div>He will need a new wiring harnass anyways so he wouldnt save that much....
Old 06-16-2002, 09:20 AM

Only the 2001+ 1.6L Accent uses MAP. The non-GS/GLS Accents still use the old 1.5L MAF Alpha. Dan has not done any LC engine swaps yet. HVE will NOT give any info. I have sent probably 20 emails to them. I got ONE response stating they would not release the info and that I would have to take the car there if I wanted the swap done. This was AFTER I told them I live in the UNITED STATES. I hate people like this. If/when I do the swap I will post pics and a how to on EVERY site I can. Right now I'm trying to find a 96-97 Accent GT in decent condition without a bad body. Good luck.
Old 06-17-2002, 04:40 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Viper966:
he is more local so it wont cost ur much more for the long convo</div>If he is in Sydney,AU I think HVE would be of better help, but considering they aren't giving any info out, I'm sure someone else over there has done the swap.

Also if you swap an older engine into a newer car in the U.S. will you have to worry about emissions?
Old 06-17-2002, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>AfterShocK
[QBAlso if you swap an older engine into a newer car in the U.S. will you have to worry about emissions?[/QB]</div>Correct, according to the "law" you have to use a same model year or newer engine. So you would have to use a 2003 beta on a 2002 Accent, as there were not 2002's.

Granted, there are no real markings on our engines to designate date of manufacture, and no vin number on the engine that I can find, so I don't know how they would "prove" that your motor is from an older car.... tongue.gif