Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

4g63t swap

Old 06-10-2002, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4g63t swap

i know this is a stupid q... but, is the 4g63t an exact fit into the elantra? will there have to be some mods? also do i need any other parts from the eclipse (i know i need the engine, tranny, computer, and wiring harness)?
Old 06-10-2002, 07:24 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

From what i heard its a PITA to do this mod.Many guys here have said its better to turbocharge your beta.The cost of the swap is very big and with that price you can rebuilt your beta and put a nice turbocharger.BTW i think that 4g63s tranny is at the opposite side of our beta tranny.Its also difficult to fit.It needs much customizing which costs a lot of money sad.gif
I think Random and Red can give you much more details on this subject.The project can be done but itd be very very expensive.It depends on your wallet though rolleyes.gif

Hope i helped you a bit,but better consult sb else that sure knows more about me.... wink
Old 06-10-2002, 07:28 AM

are you talking about the new elantra? because im driving a 95, and I didnt know the engine in that was the beta.....
Old 06-10-2002, 07:43 AM

Do a search, There are about 3-4 people on the boards that have done this in their 92-95 Elantras and early Sonatas. From what I understand it bolts in, you need to do some rewiring though. look for a guy named Justin.