Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

1.6L G4ED Alpha to beta gearbox

Old 04-17-2010, 06:05 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Accent 22PSI Boost
Default 1.6L G4ED Alpha to beta gearbox

hey all,

what is actually needed if one wants to beef up the alpha motor and put a beta tranny on? or do you go a scoupe turbo box?

Its to go into a 2003 1.6L Accent G4ED. The motor will be pushing 350hp so i want to make a box that will be a 450hp box so i dont have to touch it ever again.

So we will need...

Box - what type?
Clutch
Flywheel
Box fitment modifications???
Driveshafts?
Speedo re-calibration???

then what in the way of aftermarket box parts are off the shelf?

LSD
Gearset

I got a quote for about $4500 AUD for a dog 1-3 and sychro 4 - 5 full custom gearset and about $1600aud for the quaife lsd all to go into the standard Alpha box!!! I have a budget of $3500AUD to beef the gearbox up or buy something else.

Or what can be recomended to be done to standard alpha box to withstand these power figures

Cheers Ryan

Old 04-25-2010, 06:14 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

Ya I would love to know as well.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:33 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

well dude the 1.5/1.6 gearbox fits on the beta, so you should be able to swap the boxes over. the problem is figuring out which axles to use because i'm not sure whether the diff would be in the same lateral position.

that said, the beta box is rated to what, 140hp from factory? the alpha box is only a ~100hp box, there isn't much difference between the two if you are running a 350hp set up. i would be more inclined to simply run the stock alpha box until something breaks, then strengthen from there. this is a FWD application, you'll cook your tyres before you cook your gearbox.