Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Splitters/Diffusers

Old 01-12-2012, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8
Default Splitters/Diffusers

Will having air splitters or diffusers make any difference in the way a Genesis handles, if you’re on coil overs and it’s a daily driven street vehicle? I have read mixed reviews on the subject. Some people say they wont do anything and are more cosmetic on DD’s while others claim they do help some. They help the most on track vehicles where the slightest time difference can make or break it from what I can definitely tell.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:09 PM

Vehicle: 2010 hyundai genesis

IMO I think it depends like something like a myride diffuser or the vis one won't do much for you but If u actually have the money to have a whole undercarriage panels/splitters and diffusers I think then it will matter and save those few seconds
Old 01-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

During normal highway driving there will be no noticeable difference unless it is a huge splitter.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:25 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Nothing made for our car is functional so it will just be added weight. The "diffuser" is just part of the bumper painted a different color.