Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Question about tunes

Old 03-28-2012, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 3.8 Genesis
Default Question about tunes

I see that the 2 most common tunes out for a genesis are the BTR and Poweraxle. My question is, what makes one better than the other or are they both pretty much identical? What about the SFR tune?
Old 03-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

The BTRcc tune seems to be the only one that really controls all aspects of the car. They have been able to get higher boost without sending the car into limp mode, especially on automatics. I've heard great things about BTRcc.

I have PowerAxel and plan to get a BTRcc tune if they hold a dyno event within driving distance.

BTRcc is an authorized vendor on our site.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:35 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

Because I'm not sure which engine platform you have i'll link you to both of our tunes

2.0T thread

3.8 thread

all in all

We are the only ones in the market that bring over a REAL Korean tuner that tunes for a living and tunes pro drift vehicles.

We are the only ones that have successfully tuned Forced induction on 3.8's

We are the only ones that are honest enough to say you do not need an injector upgrade with a stock turbo on 2.0T (or maybe its because we have more control over the ECU)

We are the only ones that provide our tunes on Genuine Stock ECU's so if there are issues with the tune, you can swap in your stock one and have no downtime

We are the only ones that keep your stock ECU untouched so that you can bring it in for service with zero risk of warranty being voided due to ECU tuning.

1:1 throttle is only offered by BTRcc

Real Launch control with gets your boost up for the 2.0T's only from BTRcc.

Real customer testimonials and day to day customer service via, forum, email, phone, only from BTRcc
Old 03-29-2012, 06:52 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track

I would put money with BTRcc if it was me. SFR no go in my book. PA maybe if I had a 2.0T, but 3.8 definite BTRcc.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:14 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium

I suggest PA since they've been out longer and tested longer on my book. BTRcc is new on th streets of this community here in teh states, but been hearing lots of good news about them. I truely respect BTRcc for not starting any drama... yet. Hopefully never. Unlike SFR.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

When I get my tune, it will be either PA or BTR. Big difference in price between the 2, but with PA you have to send them your ECU, unless you get the plug in tuner they sell. Then its comparable in cost.