Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Poweraxel uNavi

Old 03-21-2012, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8
Default Poweraxel uNavi

Who’s got one? I’m thinking about it but I don’t know if I can bring myself to spend almost $900 for a head unit. I know it comes with GPS and you can watch movies and stuff (which I really like) but there are so many other cheaper head units out there that do the same thing. What are your thoughts on it. Totally worth it or not? Plus I heard they’re a pain in the ass to install.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:09 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium

Anything Audio/Video related is always a pain in the ass to install.

Its a great unit. The maps system is pretty decent. THe only reason why I would buy it is because it replacs the stupid blue "led" screen and comes with a dope frame saying COUPE. Contact Arvin at Unavi for more information. =)
Old 04-08-2012, 10:17 PM

Vehicle: Genesis Coupe

I've really enjoyed my Unavi - was originally purchased 2nd hand, and have been enjoying it ever since. The biggest selling point, as Stig mentioned, is taking place of the blue LCD so you don't lose those aspects. Furthermore, I really enjoy the placement (type b bezel, where lcd used to be, even more so than the placement of the factory navi/3rd party offerings.

When I purchased my 3.8 track (January 2010), I elected to get one of the original tracks that were produced prior to the factory navi being integrated, just for the unavi

There's also been a ton of development done as of late - Igo8 runs great, group of us figured out how to "skin" it to make it look better, and are actively working on implementing HOBDrive (http://hobdrive.com/) and/or Free-GPS (www.free-gps.com) for onboard vehicle information.

For me, playing videos/music wasn't an appeal, and I don't even have audio out hooked up - solely used for GPS, blue LCD screen ("trip"), and development of the other fun stuff

$900 is steep, and I paid a little more than half that, but even at $900 I would be very pleased with my purchase.

Although, I am a techie at heart

also - PowerAxel is no longer a distributor of unavi for about a year, and Arvin hasn't been there for about just as long
Old 04-08-2012, 11:18 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Anything Audio/Video related is always a pain in the ass to install.

In what sense? All I did was buy a harness connector off of ebay and followed the wiring schematic. My headunit was plug and play. It didn't take 15 minutes.