Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Modifying the front bumper

Old 03-30-2012, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Gen Coupe 2.0 Track
Default Modifying the front bumper

Hey guys...new Genesis owner here. Not feelin gencoupe.com so some people pointed me here. Like what I see so far. Great forum!

Got a ? for you all who own 2.0's. I want to remove the bars in the front bumper that are directly in front of the intercooler. Is there an easy way to do it or do they have to be cut out or something?I figure by removing those bars, there would be less air restriction and I think it would look alot better too. If I'm wrong, just say so. But I'm hoping some of you had the same thoughts as me pertaining to this. Thanks!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:41 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Hyundai Genesis 2.0T

IIRC you'll need to either cut them off or take the bumper off and remove them from the back. I don't see removing them helping air-flow any measurable amount, but if you like the look better go for it.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:46 PM

Vehicle: Genesis 2.0 R-Spec

I like the look of the front bumper without those bars. Gonna try and do it myself in a couple of weeks. Hoping they come out pretty easily.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

The black part is a covering for bumper color bars. You need to take the bumper cover off, then remove the black piece, then cut out the bumper cover bars. Some touch up paint will be needed as the urethane is black and will show.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:18 PM

Vehicle: 2010 gencoupe

I Did that with my stock bumper... i took the front bumper off and took a dremmell to the bars...

I even took the dremmell to the fog inserts too..