Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Isis Race Cat Back

Old 02-16-2012, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 2.0T GC R-Spec
Default Isis Race Cat Back

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! YOU GON' LEARN TODAY!

LOL, but for real, don't make me laugh!

Ok, for real for real.

SO...since the Isis Exhaust hasn't been reviewed much on HA, I'll do a short quick one. My review is on the Race version of the Cat Back. The Race version comes with two lil muffler type thingys, that are too small to serve any real purpose. The Street version has a full One-In, Two-Out muffler. Other than that, and sound obviously, there's no real difference.

As other buyers have noted the fitment isn't that great (but, at the current price of low it's a great buy). The tips are too long, as are the hangers. I had the exhaust shop heat up the hangers and bend them. It worked out ok, but I'm not satisfied, so I'm going to have the piping after the tips cut out, and move them back. Mine came with all the appropriate hardware to install. I would have done it myself, but I wanted to have it modified because of the fitment issues, so I took it to a shop. They had it on in less than 30 min. But, due to playing around with the hangers/fitment, I ended up paying $120. It was only $65/hr for labor. So, I don't think it was too bad.

The welds are awesome... Quite amazing actually. The exhaust is slighty lighter than the stock system, but it is SOLID. And yes, it is stainless steel.

Now, onto the part everyone likes most. THE SOUND! I'll let the clips do the talking

Isis Race Cat Back (Drive-Bys) - YouTube

Isis Race Cat Back: Inside of The Car - YouTube

And finally, onward to the pics!

So, there you go. I'll be happy to answer any other questions that may arise. Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Old 02-21-2012, 04:03 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Base

Sounds BEEFY!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:41 AM

It is and let me tell you it's a different monster in person lol. Videos ALMOST do justice.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:16 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe

love the Kevin Hart reference haha!

Hows it compare in sound to the magnoflow unit? REALLY had my eye on it until...
Old 02-23-2012, 09:47 PM

I wish I could tell you, but I've never heard it. As you know, there aren't a lot of GCs in our area.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Oh - you're in the panhandle. I never looked it up. Care to take a 500 mile drive for a weekend of fun? 40+ Gen Coupes driving the Tail of the Dragon in April.

https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/f...dragon-thread/

You'll hear all the different exhausts.