Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Honda Odyssey similar to Genesis Coupe

Old 12-18-2011, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I made these pics a while ago. They aren't all sold on the USDM, but you get the idea.

I see where HKC is coming from. Designers take pride in subtle things like the rear windows and the pinched bodyline, but unfortunately 90% of the people buying those cars wouldn't notice/care. Also, that new Odyssey looks pigfat and rank. The previous generation model is a much cooler spaceship.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:31 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8; 2009 Acura MDX; 2006 Kia Sorento

crack is a helluva a drug.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Why did this come back? lol
Old 01-10-2012, 11:03 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

This thread is winning. I just love giving hkc a hard time about designs

There are so many ugly cars out now, my cause is a lonely flower in a desert.

Don't Worry HKC I see what you are talking about. The shapes are there, they may not be an exact match but I noticed them.

OK that was my post for the year, see you guys in 2012! LOL

We're always on the same page! I was driving my Tiburon today and realized that I won't be getting rid of it for quite some time

I see where HKC is coming from. Designers take pride in subtle things like the rear windows and the pinched bodyline, but unfortunately 90% of the people buying those cars wouldn't notice/care.

I completely agree, and I see the distinctive similarities between your images. Very good comparison. They're almost exactly the same! Did you know that the Lotus Esprit is composed of Opel and Chevrolet parts altogether in order to save production cost? And the taillights were manufactured by Toyota for the AE86 Corolla:

I personally think it's awesome and think they destroyed that with the 2004 update. Everything after the turn of the century just went so downhill. Especially the WRC. All those new rally cars look like momvans. Screw that.

crack is a helluva a drug.
"helluva a" should be spelled without the extra "a".

Why did this come back? lol

When I saw this thread, "more people to disagree..." Thank you all for chiming in though. I have realized that I've turned into one of those retirees that reminisce about the old days.