Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Hello and general questions

Old 11-25-2013, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2013 BMW 128i

Originally Posted by Visionz
No hate...just cant decide if I like it or not. There's something about it that I can't stop looking at. lol 80s styling is either a love or hate. No real in between feelings.

I actually hated it the first time I saw it posted when my husband showed me. But then I saw it again a few weeks later and I now I keep falling in love with it. I'm really picky with 80s styling, but this car in white I just love for some reason.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

IMO it comes down to.. do you want to work on it and have bragging rights for YOU making the car fast... or are you like me on a restricted car mod budget and want a quick car right out of the box. I4 for mods, v6 for out of the box. Unless you want to go REALLY crazy with power and start with a v6, but its not going to be cheap... at all.

That being said.. 3.8 is the best-est.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Thanks WytchDctr for halting the derailment of my thread no hate pnutkitten hehe that Soarer is pretty nice lookin tho, as is your 3.8...still looking for that right deal, but def think I'm gonna go with the 3.8. I don't plan to do any crazy upgrades so i'd much rather have right out of the box quickness, but who knows, that could change if I find a great deal for a 2.0 lol. Don't know about the R-Spec anymore either after hearing some of your inputs, definitely gonna keep my options open. Thanks for all you input everyone, feel free to add more if you think of it, hopefully I'll be a part of the GC crowd soon

And jonGTR, sorry but the RD is under the possession of Progressive now hehe, they claimed it as a total loss, even though I don't believe the damage was that bad...funny thing is you say you don't see many around anymore, I had a silver one and I knew of 3 other silver ones in my area, a red one, canary yellow and just today I saw a white one so they are around, just scarce
Old 12-04-2013, 10:47 PM

ok probably a dumb question but how does the 2.0 sound compared to the 3.8 stock? I really really want a 3.8 but no way I could afford a new one and most of the used ones I have seen for sale by me are usually 2010 or '11 models or I think I could get a nice deal on a new 2.0T. I really like quite a few of the setups in the compilation vid in the exhaust thread, but I might be bummed if the 2.0 doesn't sound as good, which is likely hehe. Still torn over here *shrugs*

I test drove a 2010 3.8 track edition this weekend and it was very nice. I definitely need to get used to the clutch in the GC, its way diff. than my former Tibby hehe. Had curb rash on all 4 rims and minor scratches inside and outside the car. Really nice car but not the deal for me. Still searchin...
Old 12-05-2013, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

The 3.8 can have a nice throaty muscle car sound with the right exhaust. The 2.0 can have it too, but not quite as loud. Plus, you can't beat the sound of a turbo spoolin with a blow off valve going off.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:22 AM

Vehicle: 2013 BMW 128i

Originally Posted by Visionz
The 3.8 can have a nice throaty muscle car sound with the right exhaust. The 2.0 can have it too, but not quite as loud. Plus, you can't beat the sound of a turbo spoolin with a blow off valve going off.

My car sounds nice and throaty <3
Old 01-26-2014, 10:22 PM

UPDATE!

Hello again everyone...been absent for a while, but I finally found the perfect deal and picked it up this weekend...ended up with a 2013 3.8 Grand Touring edition in silver...very beautiful and powerful car, I am quite happy and excited right now I'll have pics up when I can, she's looking a little rough thanks to this weekends snow storm we had in NJ, look forward to being a part of the GC community