Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Base model worth getting?

Old 02-29-2012, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 tib
Default Base model worth getting?

Been watching the prices on gen coupes and I see that they drop every month. I’m wondering if getting a base model 2.0 is worth it or should I save up a little extra and get one of the trim packages like R Spec, or Track? Don’t want a Premium since it doesn’t come with a M/T. How much of a difference is it between a base and one of the higher packages? Anyone ever compared them?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:48 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec

Originally Posted by bxtib
Been watching the prices on gen coupes and I see that they drop every month. I’m wondering if getting a base model 2.0 is worth it or should I save up a little extra and get one of the trim packages like R Spec, or Track? Don’t want a Premium since it doesn’t come with a M/T. How much of a difference is it between a base and one of the higher packages? Anyone ever compared them?

I went from a 2.0T Base to a 3.8 R-Spec. Honestly the R-Spec is the best bang for your buck. If you went to pay separately for LSD, Brembos, stiffer suspension, bigger wheels, you'll be way ahead getting the R-Spec. The R-Spec is only $2,250 more, over say 3 years that's $62/month (without interest). That being said, if you want to mod your car to your specifications, for example Kaaz LSD, Stoptech BBKs, etc, you'd might be better off getting the base. That's my mentality at least.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

If you can find a 2010 2.0 Track, I'd get it. I sooo wish I had, but I didn't realize what it had to offer. I think they stopped offering 2.0 Track after 2010. Track has leather, nav, LSD, 19" wheels, brembo brakes, sunroof maybe, and bluetooth of course. The R-Spec removes the plush stuff like leather and nav but retains the 19" wheels, brembo brakes, and LSD.

The base is stripped down. No sunroof, no proximity key, no extra speakers, no nav, no fogs. I personally think it's worth spending an extra $2k on making the car so much nicer. I love proximity keys, have it in both cars I own.

And, yes, Premium only comes in automatic. Except for the 2009-2010 Track, you can't get a 2.0T in a M/T with sunroof or leather.