Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Where can i buy turbo kit for a 2001 Elantra?

Old 07-14-2002, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can i buy turbo kit for a 2001 Elantra?

Hey guys can you help me out? Where can i get a turbo kit for my 2001 Hyundai Elantra? Got any websites or any phone numbers i could call? Please help me out thanks..

-MaTT
Old 07-14-2002, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem isn't the turbo kit. The problem is you will NEED an aftermarket fuel management system. Our cars have a returnless fuel system which means you can't just raise the fuel pressure with the boost. That will add another $2500 installed to an estimated $4500+ for a turbo kit. That does not include injectors, fuel pump, clutch upgrade, exhaust, bottom end parts or anything else. That is why I have a SC kit sitting in my room right now. I don't want to go through the whole standalone engine management system thing again. Maybe soon someone will figure out a cheaper way around the returnless fuel system.