Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

tachometer location HELP !

Old 02-23-2002, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright. thanks alot random.

thanks alot.

smile.gif
Old 02-23-2002, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Originally posted by Choopi:
Damnit Random.. You are damn good.. </div>

Nope...I've just tried, tried and tried. It's just experience.

Hyundai is the first automaker ive ever seen that has no wire color code loyalty. Every manufacturer has a few color changes, but Hyundai's seem to change just about EVERY WIRE. If the book says white, it by be green with a brown stripe. If the book says blue, it is probably yellow with a blue stripe. *lol*

My guess is that they kept "refining" the wire looms and connectors, and thusly the wire colors changed. They just never bothered to update HMASERVICE or the factory books they print.

Or....I'm just really damn fricking lousy at reading them! *lol*

The only thing that let's me know it's not me, is that others have complained of the same problem.