Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

CAI for auto tranny Elantra

Old 02-28-2002, 04:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI for auto tranny Elantra

Anybody know if the CAI for the Manual will fit my Auto.. I have just a filter on the Mass AIr Sensor now..But I wanna go cold air ASAP... Or should I just buy it and play til it works.. What's good????
Old 02-28-2002, 05:55 AM

wht i did i bought a heat shielded filter went to home depot and got 3 inch pvc and rubber connector.then i went to my performance shop and got header heat wrap because the bottom of the pvc touches the radiator hose on the bottom. i cut the pvc into approx 2 1/2 feet but dont quote me .the way i measured it is i put it through the hole in the engine where you take out the stock air box and resonator.then i put the 3 in elbo facing front and thts it.i had originally changed it from the flex tubing because every time you would accelerate the tube would shrink.so now when i accelerate the pvc cant flex so its straight cold air.
Old 03-01-2002, 03:57 AM

AOS has just finished an AUTO CAI ( thanks to me ) see my site below.
Old 03-02-2002, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The SR CAI will work on Autos and Manuals, however...it's not out yet! eek!
Old 03-02-2002, 05:43 AM

SR get it out, i just ran upon an inheritance, there are a few things i need, i ordered clear corners for my hyundai, and i got my paintjob. Im starting to work on the engine mods now. first things i want is a CAI, catback, headers, BBTB, and an intake. im not quite sure if you make an intake for the 2k elantras yet... if so can you provide some info on it...