Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Resonator removal?

Old 08-05-2011, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Elantra
Default Resonator removal?

I read somewhere about the long snorkel and that removing parts of the intake can help get more air quicker, and add a little noise. Until I get a CAI, is there a quick mod on the 2012 that I can do to help push more air in?
Old 08-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Unless you install a turbocharger or a supercharger, the engine will take as much air as needed, no bolt-on modifications but camshafts admit MORE air, just they let it in more easily.

Resonator removals are often a safe way to improve sound, even on cars with computers cooled by the air coming through the intake pipe. I can't speak for the 2012 specifically.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Elantra

Originally Posted by Stocker
Unless you install a turbocharger or a supercharger, the engine will take as much air as needed, no bolt-on modifications but camshafts admit MORE air, just they let it in more easily.

Resonator removals are often a safe way to improve sound, even on cars with computers cooled by the air coming through the intake pipe. I can't speak for the 2012 specifically.

Thanks, can anyone chime in about the 2012?