Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Hyundai Previews New i30 Hatch for Europe – Next Elantra Touring?

Old 08-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Hyundai Previews New i30 Hatch for Europe – Next Elantra Touring?

This sketch is our first look at the next generation of the Hyundai i30, a European hatchback set to debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September. As is the case with all modern Hyundai vehicles, the i30 wears curves and creases in keeping with the brand’s “fluidic sculpture” design language.

The new car is important because there is a small possibility it will be sold in the U.S. market. The current Hyundai i30 (which arrived at the 2007 Geneva Motor Show) is sold on our shores as the Hyundai Elantra Touring, so we have a strong suspicion that the new i30 will also arrive in American dealerships as a sibling to the current Elantra sedan. We’re waiting on comment from Hyundai as to the likelihood of seeing the i30 in American showrooms, but previous reports indicated a successor is a possibility for our market.

The i30 seen in this sketch wears the same hexagonal corporate grille seen on the Elantra and Accent. The headlights stretch onto the car’s front fenders, and a strong styling crease follows the front wheel arch before running the length of the car to the taillights. We’d tend to agree with Hyundai’s assertions that the car has a “bold stance” and “dynamic proportions.” The new i30 looks significantly more mature and more upscale than its predecessor.

For now, we don’t know much else about the new i30. Look for more information once the car makes its official debut at next month’s Frankfurt Motor Show.

http://wot.motortrend.com/hyundai-pr...ng-105931.html
Old 08-10-2011, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

That sucks. I absolutely hate that Mazda 2/Pontiac G6-esque line.

Looks like a larger version of a Mazda 2.

I like the i30 better. Krafcik says the wagon will be smaller than the Elantra Touring. I hope not.