Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Removing the rear hyundai emblem

Old 01-24-2011, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 elantra
Default Removing the rear hyundai emblem

I have a quick question. Is the rear hyundai emblem on the trunk easily removable? Is it just stuck on there with double sided tape or is it snapped in place some how? If I remove it, will there be holes or anything showing?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

On my 98 parts car, there were 2 posts sticking through the sheet metal, leaving 2 holes if you remove the emblem.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

On the 04, you need to remove the small trim piece on the trunk lid from inside the trunk (think there are 3 hand turn bolts IIRC)then heat the emblem (hair dryer) to loosen the glue holding it in place. Yes, there are 2 centering posts on the emblem so there will be 2 holes left after you remove it. Anyway, once the glue is heated you can use a pen to poke the emblem out from behind pushing on the posts. It can be done without removing the trim, but then you have to pry from the front risking scratches to your paint. There are a number of emblems available for the XD2 Elantra to fill that space once you remove the H.