Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Gauge Change 2000 Elantra

Old 09-18-2001, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge Change 2000 Elantra

I've heard horror stories of people having problems replacing the gauges on Tibs... Has anyone changed the gauges on the Elantra?If so how hard was it? Thinking of picking up a pair of Blue on Silver or Blue on White depending... Figured I'd get some opinions first..
Old 09-18-2001, 03:35 AM

Someone here on the board has it done..dont remember who. He said it was really easy unlike the tibs.
Old 09-18-2001, 03:48 AM

Hey there,

I did the gauge install for my 2k Elantra... very easy compared to the Tibby. Just several screws, some plastic pieces, and you can easily pull the gauges out... Did you order gauges yet?

If you need a step by step, just let me know and I will e-mail it or post it here.

I got the blue on white gauges, they look very nice... I know I put a pic somewhere on this board... here we go http://www.teamsr.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.c...c&f=19&t=000147

There is a night pic on the top, and down the post a bit is a day pic.

[ September 18, 2001: Message edited by: FluteMuffin ]
Old 09-19-2001, 06:30 AM

Nah, I haven't ordered them yet... After seeing urs it's on the top of my list.!When I order them I'll message u for the step to do! I'm glad to hear it's not too hard... I've also seen pics of people who changed the needle.. Know of any such mod?
Old 09-19-2001, 11:05 AM

does anyone know how easy the guages are to install on a 98 model accent? i ordered some from hdk. smile.gif
Old 10-07-2001, 05:17 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Originally posted by erikgsi:
does anyone know how easy the guages are to install on a 98 model accent? i ordered some from hdk. smile.gif</div>

erikgsi - Should not bee too hard. The thing that makes it easy, is the fact that in the Elantra, their are only a few parts to remove... the black plasic around the gauges, and the plasic shield.

On the Tibby, you have to remove the whole dash area around the stereo and stuff because it is all connected as one piece. I'm pretty sure the Accent should compare more closley wiht the Elantra in that matter.

Dantra00- Let me know when you get the gauges and I'll be happy to help you out if you need it... or give you little tips on how to remove the needles and such, or the adjustment of the needles once they are on again... cause that can be a bitch.