Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Elantra Touring stainless pedals w/ dead pedal

Old 01-02-2013, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Elantra Touring stainless pedals w/ dead pedal

The Touring isn't offered with any stainless pedal option and I've been told that I couldn't swap out the dead pedal and I needed to swap the gas pedal with the GK Tiburon pedal. The Touring was designed in Russelsheim specifically for the European market badged as the i30 (hatchback) in 2007 and i30cw (i30 "country wagon") in 2009.

So I bought the i30/i30cw pedal covers from David here (I believe he was the founder of Kspec?). It's ebay which is good. Korean mail just around 1.5 months.

The pedals fit but the dead pedal did not. All you need to do is swap out the plastic base with the Korean part and hack at it for a while until the stainless part fits like the Korean version.

I removed the factory dead pedal and cut slots (just like the i30 Korean base) using a chisel although it would be easier just to burn holes using a solder.

Then I took the factory base and grinded the elevated groove flat with the surface with a grinder (don't be frightened if the base breaks, there are supports holding it in place which you can later glue using Amazing Goop offered at Home Depot).

To keep the rubber grips from falling out, I cut out a foam sheet (from Michaels, any art store, or Walmart) and placed it on the backing so that they wouldn't fall back.

Here is the finished product (sorry it's the middle of winter, there's no point in vacuuming). Yes it is possible.

Touring stainless pedals. Almost a direct swap. Took about 1 hour with installation.