Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Elantra Intakes... {power increase?}

Old 11-28-2002, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elantra Intakes... {power increase?}

This question goes out to all the 2.0L Elantra drivers that have installed any form of CAI on their engines; whether it be a "Random Special" or the new one that KORE has available.
I just want to know if it is worth the money to buy a well-designed product, or go the cheap route and make the special. When push comes to shove, if the home-made version does almost the same thing as the prefabbed version, then the only other factor that is taken into account is the aesthetic qualities. Lets face it, few of the "Random Specials" look good under the hood...
Just need some opinions, not on what I should do, put pros and cons for each, so I am better equipped to decide.
Old 11-29-2002, 06:44 PM

Sup, I have the same car that you have. I bought the KORE CAI off of bat lord's car, and trust me man, I love it. That is still to this day, the best product that I have installed on my car. When you open up the throttle and you are pushing it, you can hear every second that the intake is sucking in air hard. NICE INVESTMENT!
Old 11-29-2002, 11:06 PM

Thanks for the opinion. Do you notice an increase in pull throughout the power band? Or just at higher RPM's? Have you altered your exhaust in any way? Just so I have an idea what I can do. Thanks again.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:17 AM

what does the intake for the elanra look like??? it decribes that it looks pretty much like an AEM is that true???

CAI should add any where between 5 -12 hp's definetly a good choice!
Old 12-04-2002, 11:16 AM

Yeah I feel power basically throughout the powerband, I know the low end is because of the intake because I can hear it loud during the lower rpm's, but I also have a muffler installed and a 1.8 cam installed too, so all in all after just those three products I feel alot of difference in my car, I beat my friend in his 01 civic with just the KORE intake when he had the header and the whole 9 yards, so trust me it helps out alot, well worth the money.

The design of the intake goes along side of the battery and goes straight down, then left into the fenderwell, right in front of the driver tire. Hope this helps. Any more questions, feel free to ask. I may not know alot, but I do know about what I have done to my elantra tongue.gif